[Salon] Iran Ready to Resume Talks with Saudi Arabia

https://www.basnews.com/en/babat/748558

April 4, 2022

Iran Ready to Resume Talks with Saudi Arabia: Official

ERBIL — Iran is ready to resume negotiations with Saudi Arabia to resolve the prolonged differences, said a spokesperson for the Iranian Foreign Ministry on Monday.

“We are ready for the continuation of talks and for the settlement of differences. We have submitted our views in written form to the Saudi side, and they should express their views," Saeed Khatibzadeh said in his weekly press briefing.

Baghdad has so far hosted four rounds of the Iran-Saudi talks to help the sides overcome the political deadlock in their relations.

However, Iran announced in mid-March that it had temporarily suspended the talks, a decision that also coincided with tensions following Iran’s missile attack on Erbil.

The resumption of the talks now comes only days after a UN-backed truce in Yemen where the Iran-backed militias and Saudi allies are in clash since 2014.

Khatibzadeh welcomed the ceasefire and stressed that this "should be completed with the beginning of intra-Yemeni dialogue and we should wait for the results.”