[Salon] The suspected offense: Throwing a firebomb. The punishment: Death - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Given so many “State Murders” in Israel lately, including of an American journalist, Gideon Levy is being kept very busy condemning them. And thank God for having a true hero like Gideon sharing this information to the public, like the kind of “Whistleblower” a journalist is suppost to be

With that said,
Location, location, location, as they say in the real estate industry. If these “State assassinations” were done by German killers in WW II to Norwegians, or the French, et al., to people in “resistance movements,” US movies would be made about them, condemning the Germans (rightfully so) and celebrating the heroism of the victims of military occupation (rightfully so), like this one, and many more:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Darkness_(1943_film)

But when the US has assassination programs, like in Vietnam with the Phoenix Program, seldom is cricism spoken, or in Israel obviously, where this is clearly a “targeted killing” (assassination) program, with this as one tactic:

> "Abdulkarim Sadi, a field researcher for the Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem, notes that this was the fifth case in recent weeks of lethal gunfire coming from armored vehicles – a door is opened for a moment, a soldier fires and the vehicle continues on its way.”

This is made clear in this exchange:

> "Two days after the fatal shooting, for example, an agent called one of the young men who’s now in the room and told him, according to the man’s account, “I am at the entrance to Azzun. Your friend has been killed, you took part in his funeral, you took part in stone throwing – let’s meet and talk about life.” To which the friend replied, “I’ve already spent four years in your prison, and I have no wish to be in contact with you.”
>
> "Agent: “If you don’t obey and don’t show up, we will come to you and take you into custody.”

> "Young man: “My family depends on me for its livelihood – why would you want to take me in without a reason?”
>
> "Agent: “We’ve just killed one, we will kill more.”
>
> "That conversation took place last week."

"Its proximity to a highway used by many settlers has turned it into a sort of battlefield.”

Obviously, the “National Conservative” Settlers, like Yoram Hazony’s comrades, must be allowed to exercise their “freedom,” to do whatever they wish, as the Nietzschean Ayn Rand would have upheld, to include stealing property and assassinating anyone who objects.

"Let’s remind ourselves again: If that Molotov cocktail had been thrown by at a Russian armored vehicle a young Ukrainian, the Israelis would have viewed him as a hero who was not only brave but was also actualizing his right to resist occupation or invasion by force."

Instead, “resistance” of any degree, even by “expressive activities," is labeled as terrorism by the Israelis, just like the US does when it invades and occupies a foreign country.