Re: [Salon] More on the German Greens

Once again, here are the facts:
1. Russia invaded Ukraine
2. Ukrainians are defending their country
3. The global community has condemned the Russian invasion (UN vote:143 condemning Russia, 5 against, China and India abstained)
4. Some countries have imposed sanctions on Russia
5. Some countries go even further, sending military and humanitarian aid to support the Ukrainian people

The incontrovertible truth is that the overwhelming majority of nations condemn the Russian invasion, some have gone further.  Just as true: the war ends when Russia withdraws from Ukraine.
The discussions about the evolving multi-polar world, the surging global south, the demise of US Dollar dominance, shifting political currents in Europe and here in the US, and, yes, how the entertainer Tucker Carlson is saving democracy, are interesting and worth contemplating (other than the last) but they should not distract us from the fact that Russia is raining down holy hell on civilian populations in Ukraine.

Edward Hughes
edwhughes@gmail.com
+1 (617) 306 2577