[Salon] Why Ukraine's counteroffensive is failing

https://gilbertdoctorow.com/2023/08/09/why-ukraines-counteroffensive-is-failing-live-discussion-wion/

Why Ukraine’s counteroffensive is failing | Live Discussion | WION

This morning a journalist in the Mumbai studios of the Indian television broadcaster WION offered me the opportunity to explain in a 10 minute live interview what the Russian perspective is on the failure of the Ukrainian counter-offensive to date. This took in why the Ukrainians have not met their own and US-NATO expectations on the battlefield, whether this failure will lead to a ‘blame game’ that splits the Western alliance supporting Ukraine and what we may anticipate as the next developments in the conflict in the coming months.

I am delighted that this premier English language broadcaster sees value in bringing to its global audience what the Russian side is thinking and saying.  Let us remember that WION has 7.7 million subscribers on youtube. The viewer figures in the first three hours after the interview was posted on the internet are already 10,000 and demonstrate that there is a strong appetite in the “international community” for news and analysis that deal with the views of all sides to an issue, not just government handouts from one side.

See  Why Ukraine’s counteroffensive is failing | Live Discussion | WION