[Salon] How to hide a helicopter refueling point, and other lessons from a giant Navy wargame - Defense One

Title: How to hide a helicopter refueling point, and other lessons from a giant Navy wargame - Defense One
Continuing to keep up with the Marines, for the USMC fans here of The American Conservative magazine and Quincy Institute, of what former USMC Commandant David Berger set in motion in his “subversive strategy” for his “Fight Against the Blob” (🤣), as they characterized it:

BLUF: "The groups were honing new, less vulnerable ways to run a forward arming and refueling point, or FARP—a small but crucial aspect of the Corps’ efforts to prepare for future warfare.” (Spelled “War against China” here, as this is part of our larger U.S. Military Objective, as Trump laid out in his “Military Strategy Doctrine, and Biden has continued.)

Once we get past “Sevastopol,” with this a relatively correct explanation of that as part of Russia; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/07/ukraine-russia-crimea-naval-base-tatars-explainer, we can escalate aggressions against China even more, especially if we get a(ny) Republican in as POTUS in 2024, with any Democrat predictably nearly as bad, having ideological "Goldwaterism” in common these days, more than ever before.

How to hide a helicopter refueling point, and other lessons from a giant Navy wargame

A stealthy Marine logistics team was just one small part of Large Scale Exercise 23.

860x394.jpeg

A member of a Marine Air Traffic Control Mobile Team, or MMT, watches a CH-53E helicopter make its way down a landing strip near Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, N.C., to be refueled during Large Scale Exercise 23 on Aug. 11, 2023. Defense One / Caitlin M. Kenney