Re: [Salon] U.S. Party Preferences Evenly Split in 2022 After Shift to GOP

17jan23 – Alexandria

The Gallup bullets are misleading since they suggest 99% were or leaned toward one party or another.

In fact, we independents far outnumber, both in absolute numbers and percentages the Democrats and Republicans.

The problem is we independents have almost no choice of party programs to choose from. The Democrats are the only party with a positive, detailed program. The Republicans are negative on everything as their programs have shown for year: anti-government, anti-taxation, anti-regulation, anti-“entitlements” (which most Republican rank-and-file love but refuse to recognize as essential government services paid for by taxation), etc. etc.

Give me the good old days when the GOP offered a pragmatic, conservative program that aimed at governing.

Paul