[Salon] My 30 June appearance on "The Freeman Report, " TNT Radio (U.K.)

https://gilbertdoctorow.com/2023/07/02/my-30-june-appearance-on-the-freeman-report-tnt-radio-u-k/

My 30 June appearance on “The Freeman Report,” TNT Radio (U.K.)

It is my pleasure to share the link to this radio interview which lasted about 15 minutes and covered a wide range of issues surrounding the Prigozhin mutiny, what damage it may have caused to Putin’s hold on power and stability in Russia, the effectiveness of the regular Russian Army today, the conspiracy speculations of John Helmer (Dances with Bears), the shortsightedness of University of Chicago professor John Mearsheimer’s latest essay which fails to consider Ukrainian military collapse and capitulation in its playbook of scenarios for the war’s denouement, the level of support for Putin and for the war inside Russia and much more.

The recording opens with seven minutes of overview by the host, James Freeman Wells, a former British Member of the European Parliament from the Brexit party. Then there is a rambling but nonetheless interesting chat with one of his collaborators at TNT Radio who inter alia comments on the Ukraine war. I come on at minute 20.00

My take-away from the interview is delight that the air waves in Britain still remain free for discussions like this however much the anti-Russian mobsters at the BBC and The Financial Times may try to shut down all critical thinking in the country.

https://tntradiolive.podbean.com/e/gilbert-doctorow-on-the-freeman-report-with-james-freeman-30-june-2023/