[Salon] Resistance ready for months-long war, less than 10% of missiles used

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/resistance-ready-for-months-long-war-less-than-10-of-missile

October 14, 2023

Resistance ready for months-long war, less than 10% of missiles used

The number of missiles used by the Resistance in Gaza so far did not exceed 10 percent of its inventory, a source in the Palestinian Resistance in Gaza told Al Mayadeen on Saturday, confirming that the Resistance has the ability to engage in a months-long war with the Israeli occupation entity.

Resistance groups and fighters are operating according to previously laid out plans, the source continued, confirming that there is no shortage in manpower or weapons and all capabilities are being utilized as a part of a long-term tactic.

The source further revealed that the Resistance has a solid defensive plan that covers the entire area of the Gaza Strip and will be activated in due time.

Thousands of rockets and projectiles have been launched by the Palestinian Resistance since the start of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood. Targets included settlements, Ben Gurion airport, military sites, and troop gatherings.

Gaza Resistance has also launched several strategic long-range missiles, including the "Ayyash 250" missile by Al-Qassam that targeted the Israeli Northern Region Command in Safad, located around 200km away from the Strip.

Israeli Channel 12 reported on Friday that since the beginning of the operation, "over 1000 rockets have been fired at Ashkelon." The repeated targeting comes after Hamas' Al-Qassam warned "Asheklon" settlers earlier this week to evacuate, vowing that the Resistance will continue to rain rockets on it until the Israeli occupation stops targeting civilians in Gaza to forcefully displace them.

'Crush the Israeli army'

As the operation entered its eighth day, Israeli casualties are still on the rise, recording over 1,500 deaths and more than 3,400 injuries in the latest update.

Suffering significant battle defeats, the Israeli occupation entity seems to be moving toward deciding to launch a ground invasion of Gaza. Hundreds of thousands of Israeli reserve forces have been mobilized so far, while Israeli media are reporting that the majority of forces are heading to sites near Gaza.

However, Al-Qassam has warned the Israelis against such an action.

Commenting on emerging reports of an Israeli land assault, Al-Qassam Spokesperson Abu Obeida said, "If [Israel] dares to enter Gaza, we will crush its army."

"Al-Qassam Brigades is in control of the course of the battle, and we underline our preparedness in terms of defense. Our military infrastructure and armament enable us to efficiently defend ourselves."

After the Resistance succeeded in maintaining control over several settlements and land routes connecting their positions with Gaza, settlers still residing in settlements up to 4 km from Gaza were asked by the Israeli occupation army to stay in fortified places.

Israeli media admitted on Friday that "despite all the airstrikes, what we see today is not a significant military achievement," indicating that "what we see is not a significant impact on Hamas’ military capabilities."

Further criticizing the entity's performance, the news outlet pointed out that the slogan "the war against Hamas as if it were the ISIS organization" is a false slogan and definitely not a strategy.