[Salon] Nazrallah Speech On Gaza

Nazrallah Speech On Gaza

November 03, 2023

Speech by Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah during the ceremony honoring the martyrs on the road to Al-Quds (as noted down incompletely while listening to AlJazeerah's live translation):

Congratulation to those in Lebanon, Gaza and West Bank who have fallen in the fight since October 7.

Condolence and blessing to their relatives, condolence to the people of Gaza and the West Bank.

Four issues were caused by the stupid Israeli government:

  • Thousands of Palestinian are prisoners of Israel.
  • Al Aqsa and what has been happening there before October 7.
  • Unjust siege of 2 million people for more than 17 years in an open concentration camp in Gaza.
  • Expanding settlements in the West Bank.

The world and its organizations were silent about those points. This while the enemy had become more ferocious and extreme.

A big even was needed to refocus the world: the glorious al-Aqsa Flood operation of October 7.

It was to 100% a Palestinian operation. They were silent and did not tell anyone, not even their allies.

The operation proves that decisions of the resistance factions are in the hands of the respective leaders. The Islamic Republic of Iran had no say in this.

No matter what the enemy has done and will do it can not influence the future and history of what happened and will happen. The operations has shown the fragility of the enemy.

The U.S. and EU government and media have run to the help of the Israelis. Is Israel a strong state with an invincible army when it needs so much support?

It shows that the operation was wise, prudent and successful.

Israel politicians and military were slow to response. They killed their own people during the operations. Testimony from enemy media is showing that those who say Hamas killed civilians during the operation are wrong.

Now they want to annihilate Hamas. That is impossible. They want the hostages back. This will never happen without negotiations.

The 2006 war in Lebanon has proven that. The same will happen in Gaza.

The Israeli army are proving their inability. It destroys thousands of houses and kills thousands of civilians. Is that what an invincible army would do?

By killing innocent civilians you will not gain anything. It only proves the brutal nature of the Zionist regime.

The western media are telling lies about beheaded children. No evidence was produced. But they are silent about what happens in Gaza.

It is the United States that stands in the way of a ceasefire in Gaza. As Khomeni said, it is the greatest devil -  from Hiroshima, to Vietnam to now in Gaza. It must be held responsible for that and should pay the price for that.

Everyone (in the resistance) in all neighboring countries must live up to their responsibility (and attack the U.S.).

The war in Gaza is not just battle. It is decisive event and will change history. We should all do our duty.

The goals are:

  • to end the war in Gaza,
  • to support Hamas in its victory.

It must be a triumph for all people in the region. It is in the interest of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon.

Arab and Muslim states must work on the prime goal. Condemnation statements are not enough. Boycott them (Israel and U.S.), refuse relations. Cut off oil supplies oil and gas from Israel.

No Arab state can deliver even a truck of goods to Gaza. Are they incapable of acting? No, they should listen to their people and wake up.

We had no knowledge of the Al-Aqsa flood. But on the very next day we started daily operations against Israel. What is taking place on our front is important.

Those who think that Hizbullah should wage total war on Israel - they should look at what is taking place on the Lebanese front. It is unprecedented. It will increase. All of Israel's positions are under siege. It is a different battle than in 2006 in tactics and weapons.

On the border line since October 7 the Israeli army moved out. It pulled all troops to the Gaza front. It called up reserves. Our operations keep the Israeli's army at our front and away from Gaza. A third of the Israeli army is now at our border line. Half of its navy is dedicated to our front. A quarter of its air force is. Half of its Iron done missiles. Forty three settlements were evacuated.

If the enemy starts to take action against Lebanon it will be its biggest mistake.

Even as civilians had to move out our best fighters will stay in the south.

They told us that the U.S. would bomb us. I assure you that it did not change our position. The operation on our front will continue. Any escalation will depend on development of events in Gaza.

Any preemptive attack on Lebanon will be responded to. A civilian killed in Lebanon means a civilian will be killed in Israel. All options on our front are on the table.  They can be executed anytime.

To the Americans: it is pointless to threaten us. Your fleet in the Mediterranean can not cause us to fear. Remember your defeat in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan.

To the whole world: In the name of the civilians, in the name of the bombed churches and mosques, you have to intervene to end the war in Gaza.

No matter of what our sacrifices are, we should be steadfast. Palestine will win.

We celebrate our fallen fighters. We celebrate the victory of Gaza.

-End of Nazrallah speech-

Probably better than the above was the more extensive live blogging done by L'orient today.

You may also want to read the spot-on preview of the speech as it was given earlier today by Elijah Magnier:

What is the role expected of Hezbollah in the Gaza war?

Posted by b on November 3, 2023 at 14:37 UTC | Permalink