[Salon] RFK Jr. preferred for 2024 over Biden, Trump in swing state Arizona

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/rfk-jr--preferred-for-2024-over-biden--trump-in-swing-state

November 10, 2023

RFK Jr. preferred for 2024 over Biden, Trump in swing state Arizona

According to data derived from Axios' latest Engagious/Sago focus groups, many Arizona swing voters seem dissatisfied with current US President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump, and would prefer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as president in 2024.

Engagious president Rich Thau, who moderated the groups, said, "With so much antipathy toward Trump and Biden, swing voters are off-the-charts receptive to a third alternative, especially one with such a recognizable name".

Voter Tina N. said, "I like the Kennedys. I would look at the past with their family for the ones that … helped run this country. That would be my reason why I would like to choose a Kennedy to come back into office".

RFK Jr. has been the most vocal candidate in the 2024 presidential race on speaking against US policy, notably in the context of the war in Ukraine.

11 Arizona voters were interviewed -two were Democrats, three were Republicans, and six were independents. Still, most voters preferred Biden over Trump if next year's presidential elections mirror the 2020 elections.

Voter Jocelyn H. says of Biden: "He looks like he's stumbling a lot, so there's a balance issue".

Some, like Steven F., argued that economic success was not a trait recently in Biden's campaign. "We're not back. We've entered onto a good path back, and there's still a lot more work to do", he said.

'Dumping money'

Steven F. said of Biden's handling of the war on Gaza, "I think he's hamstrung like the folks over in Israel themselves are as to how do you fight a war in a civilian area while protecting the civilians, while taking out their oppressors, their enemy, who wants them all wiped off the face of the earth, including the entire state of Israel and all its population".

John M. expressed that money is just being poured "into Ukraine and Israel", adding: "Obviously if they need the help, it needs to be reciprocated. They need to give us something in return, but I think that we need to support our allies".

When asked about the handling of the war on Gaza, none of the voters believed that Trump would perform better than Biden but most participants did not regret voting for Biden in 2020.

Just yesterday, a poll conducted by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research revealed that 63% said that Biden is not doing enough to manage the situation in occupied Palestine, bring a ceasefire, or limit civilian casualties.

The US has aided "Israel" with more than $10 billion since it launched its aggression on the Gaza Strip, securing an air corridor into occupied Palestine, which has supplied the occupation with the necessary bombs and shells that kill Palestinians.

The Pentagon emphasized the United States does not impose conditions on the usage of such weaponry; however, it does expect "Israel" to use the granted weapons in compliance with international law, Pentagon Deputy Press Secretary Sabrina Singh said on Wednesday.