[Salon] The only Israeli lawmaker to have supported the ICJ case was the only Israeli lawmaker to have been proven correct, given the ICJ's ruling.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1752209336359845898
Update from "the only democracy in the Middle East"...

When of course the only Israeli lawmaker to have supported the ICJ case was the only Israeli lawmaker to have been proven correct, given the ICJ's ruling. But it's often very dangerous to be the only one who's right.
https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1744170938277732639
This is what real political courage looks like: Israeli member of the Knesset Ofer Cassif joins the lawsuit against Israel at the ICJ in the Hague.

Here is what he wrote to explain his decision:

"My constitutional duty is to Israeli society and all its residents, not to a government whose members and its coalition are calling for ethnic cleansing and even actual genocide.

Those who hurt the country and the people are the ones who led South Africa to turn to The Hague, not me and my friends.

I will not give up the struggle for our existence as a moral society. That is true patriotism - not wars of revenge and calls for destruction, not unnecessary bloodshed, and not the sacrifice of civilians and soldiers in futile wars."

And he is 100% right.

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1744085359896473891
MK Ofer Cassif joins lawsuit against Israel in the ICJ