[Salon] 'Opportunity for Alliance' or 'Go Berserk': Israel's Leaders Respond to Iran's Attack - Israel News - Haaretz.com

What is always concealed in the well deserved denunciations of Biden, “Genocide Joe,” is that what is denounced of him by supposed “Restrainers” of the “New Right;” his militarist aggressions of expanding the U.S. military/national security state, for military aggression against all of China, Russia, and Iran, pale in comparison to his opponent's “Plan," made so clear in the so-called “Restrainers” alliance with the ultra-militaristic Heritage Foundation and their Project 2025 Plan to "Rule the World” per the Cheney Doctrine. With that alliance fully identified by name in that document, as I’ve shared previously. And paraphrasing a right-wing book’s title in support of Goldwater in 1964: “None Dare Call It Fascism.” Which would have been appropriate for Goldwater’s right-wing supporters of National Review magazine, the Conservative Movement of Buckley, Burnham, and Kendall, et al. Though even Goldwater kept them out of his campaign, so tainted were they as genuine right-wing extremists at the time (per research from a variety of sources).

So we have two rival “blocs” ruling the U.S. today, both adhering to the ultra-militaristic doctrines first articulated in the 1950s by the original “New Right,” falsely identifying itself as “Conservative,” though in fact, "conserving” (and advancing), the growing power of the Radical Right of U.S. militarists building the National Security State. And calling to censor, and deny voting rights to blocs of citizens who might obstruct or distract from that, as Willmoore Kendall devoted his relatively short life to. And leaving behind his Radical Right teachings to now be promoted to a new generation of fascism, once again calling itself the “New Right.”

We see the same in Israel today, and always have, as mostly sharing an imperialist objective with the U.S. So, there’s a more “moderate” bloc/figure, like Gantz here, comparable to Biden. And then we have the “Conservatives,” those tied into the U.S. “Conservative Network," headed by Trump today, and his fellow “Conservatives,” of the Republican Party, and Israel’s Kohelet Forum/Tikvah Fund coalition. With the latter consisting of a major funder of Texas Republicans, Jeffrey Yass (dba both libertarian/Conservative), represented in Israeli politics by the Settler Hazony’s National Conservatives, and this bloc:

"National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir commented on potential Israeli responses to Iran's overnight attack, saying Israel "has to go berserk" in order "to create deterrence in the Middle East." Ben-Gvir said the doctrines of containment and proportionality have passed on since October 7, and that "Israel's response can't be 'flimsy,' in the style of the bombing of dunes we've seen in Gaza in previous years."

"Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich also called for an appropriate response by Israel. "The eyes of the entire Middle East and the whole world are turned towards the State of Israel," he said, adding that "if our response echos throughout the Middle East for generations to come – we will win. If we ignore it, God forbid, we will put ourselves and our children in immediate existential threat."

"Culture and Sport Minister Miki Zohar said that "a lax response to the unprecedented Iranian aggression is the continuation of the outdated doctrine of reasonable logic in the face of brutal terrorists." Zohar noted that "it failed against Hamas, and we got October 7, it failed against Hezbollah who attack us continuously, and it will fail against Iran which did not hesitate to attack Israel directly".

"The Foreign Affairs Ministry stated that Iran must pay a price for the attack, urging that "the initial price must be an immediate declaration of the Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist organization." In a statement posted on X (formerly Twitter), the ministry also called for "painful sanctions" to be imposed on Iran in the field of weapons and in other areas."

But the Trump administration and the Republicans were way ahead of Israel in that with Trump’s “Maximum Pressure Campaign” against Iran, constituting “acts of war” by the so-called "Great Restrainer!”

BLUF: WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Monday that he was designating a powerful arm of the Iranian military as a foreign terrorist organization, the first time that the United States has named part of another nation’s government as that type of official threat.

"The designation imposes wide-ranging economic and travel sanctions on the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps as well as organizations, companies and individuals with ties to it. Iran’s Revolutionary Guards carry out operations across the Middle East, train Arab Shiite militias and oversee businesses in Iran.

"Monday’s designation “will significantly expand the scope and scale of our maximum pressure on the Iranian regime,” Mr. Trump said in a statement.”

It’s a wonder, per what the IRGC is alleged to do, that the CIA and USSOCOM aren’t declared “foreign terrorist organizations” by most of the world, for doing on an even larger scale, all and more of what the IRGC does! Which Trump put to even greater use than any of his predecessors against all of China, Russia, and Iran!

And of course, speaking for the Republican Party here: https://homeland.house.gov/2019/04/08/rogers-statement-on-designation-of-irans-islamic-revolutionary-guard-corps-as-a-terrorist-organization/

'Opportunity for Alliance' or 'Go Berserk': Israel's Leaders Respond to Iran's Attack - Israel News - Haaretz.com

After Iran's unprecedented aerial attack against Israel Saturday night, and Israel and its allies' successful interceptions, Israeli leaders voiced their thoughts on the extraordinary events of the weekend, and what should come next.

National Unity Chairman and war cabinet member Benny Gantz said that Tehran has "met the power of the Israeli defense system, and added that "Iran is a global problem, it is a regional challenge, and it is also a danger to Israel, and yesterday the world resoundingly stood by Israel in the face of danger. According to him, "it is a strategic achievement, that we must leverage for the sake of Israel's security."

"This incident is not over – the strategic alliance and regional cooperation system we have built, which withstood the significant challenge, must be strengthened now of all times... In the face of Iran's threat – we will build a regional coalition and make sure Iran pays the price, in the manner and time right for us," he added.

War cabinet minister Benny Gantz at a press conference, earlier this month.

War cabinet minister Benny Gantz at a press conference, earlier this month.Credit: Oren Ben Hakoon

"We must remember that we are yet to complete our missions – most importantly, returning the hostages and removing the threat from residents of Israel's north and south," Gantz emphasized.

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant also addressed the attack, stating that "Israel experienced one of the most dramatic nights we have ever encountered – hundreds of missiles of various types were fired at the State of Israel, including over 100 ballistic missiles fired from Iran, each carrying hundreds of kilograms of explosives."

Gallant, who made these remarks while visiting an aerial defense Arrow 3 battery, which participated in intercepting the Iranian attack, added that "together with the United States and other countries, we have forged a strong and powerful alliance, coordinating and synchronizing between the security apparatuses of the State of Israel, the United States, and our partners. The result is the complete blocking of threats except for very, very minor incidents."

Gallant echoed Gantz, stating that the interception of the attack presents "an opportunity to establish a strategic alliance against the severe threat from Tehran, which threatens to put nuclear explosive materials on these missiles, which could be a very serious threat."

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant visits an aerial defense base on Sunday.

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant visits an aerial defense base on Sunday.Credit: Ariel Hermoni / Ministry of Defense

"The whole world saw who Iran is tonight: A terrorist state that attacks the State of Israel from a distance of 1,500 kilometers and tries to activate all its proxies," Gallant added. "But the world has also seen the power of coalition, and how Israel together with the U.S. and other countries is standing up and stopping this attack in an unparalleled manner."

"The campaign is not over yet, we need to be alert and vigilant of the IDF's instructions … and prepare for any scenario," Gallant said.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to the Iranian attack in a post on X: "We intercepted, we stopped [the attack]. Together we will win."

National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir commented on potential Israeli responses to Iran's overnight attack, saying Israel "has to go berserk" in order "to create deterrence in the Middle East." Ben-Gvir said the doctrines of containment and proportionality have passed on since October 7, and that "Israel's response can't be 'flimsy,' in the style of the bombing of dunes we've seen in Gaza in previous years."

National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir.

National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir.Credit: Olivier Fitoussi