Re: [Salon] EU has changed / censorship

The "Palestinian exception" for free speech, is alive and well on X, not surprisingly, given Musk’s alignment with the “Right,” and the “MIC” of both Israel and the U.S.:

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/x-suspends-pro-palestinian-activists-for--violating-platform
BLUF: "Alan MacLeod, senior staff writer for Mint Press News and major pro-Palestinian activist, took to Instagram to share his X account's suspension.

“Today, without warning or explanation, Twitter suspended my account, @AlanRMacLeod. They told me to check my email for a reason, but no email has been forthcoming,” he wrote, adding “I have never even remotely been involved in any controversy/been reported/been stuck in Twitter jail before, so I assume the real reason is political, especially as high-profile leftists accounts like Rob Rousseau and Zei_Squirrel were also targeted today.”

"Both accounts mentioned in Alan's statement have a substantial number of followers and use their platforms for political critique and education on Western imperialism.”

“Wokeism,” in other words!

And this: https://www.newarab.com/news/x-suspends-hundreds-palestinian-accounts-amid-gaza-war.                                                                                             BLUF: "The move by X to target accounts reporting on Palestine comes as information from people in Gaza gets more difficult to obtain amid Israel's total siege on its two million residents, which has cut off electricity and fuel, and as Israel keeps foreign media out of the besieged enclave."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musks-feelings-led-him-to-censor-legal-speech-on-x
BLUF: "Musk declared Friday that controversial pro-Palestine phrases like “decolonization” and “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” in his view, “necessarily imply genocide” and using them will therefore “result in suspension.”